Saturday, November 25, 2017

DAY 67: 800 CAL DIET PLUS VIELIGHT 810 TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


The news is not good this morning.  My weight is up, although my fat percentage is down.  I am suspecting a salt intolerance developing as I lose weight.  The two instances where I gained weight like today are from the times I had salty stuff.  So, I am going to ditch the soup, which is the biggest source of salt, for the remainder of the diet.  We should see things move right along, for a couple of reasons.  First salt brings things in to the cells, and potassium takes it out.  Want more weight loss?  Eat more greens and ditch the salt.  And second, the carbs in the soup are kind of empty, and we won’t miss much nutrition.  The Newcastle Study warned against salt, but I was not sensitive to it like this until I lost this amount of weight.  It is nearly impossible to get rid of all salt in the American diet, but I can ditch the soup.

So, for the remainder of the time it takes me to lose down to 140, there will be more protein than net carbs in the diet.  This is OK, but it tends to leave you a little loopy, like a first phase Atkins dieting.  The brain actually needs carbs, but I think I can get enough without the soup.  As I only have a few more pounds to go, I will be fine. I am substituting 6 walnut halves for the soup.

So, here are my stats for today:

Weight 148.6   FBS 134 (10 IU Lantus last night)  Fat% 32.2

And here is the menu:

BREAKFAST:  1/2  Slim-Fast Protein Drink

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance tortilla, 1/4 container Marketside Kung Pao Chicken, romaine, 1 dried apricot

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, salad, 5 Toasted crackers, six walnut halves, 6 grapes

Total Calories 791, Total Fat 40 gm, Total Carbs 63 gm, Total Protein 54 gm, Total Fiber 22 gm, Total Net Carbs 41 gm.

No comments: