Wednesday, November 22, 2017

DAY 64: 800 CAL DIET PLUS VIELIGHT 810 TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


I lost another pound this morning! Energy is good and no hunger.

So, I thought I would look at this diet in terms of food composition to help show how that is helping me to stay full on 800 calories.  You many notice that usually, the protein is more than carbs, or at least equal, and this puts around 50 gm protein in daily.  That is enough for just about anyone on a diet.  The net carbs are in balance with the protein, which keeps blood sugar stable. The fact that there are veggie carbs, and only low glycemic carbs in the tortilla and diet further keeps hunger away.  We don’t worry about fat too much, only in terms of calories, so usually less than 40 gm daily.   All of these are close enough to a normal diet that the body sort of goes down a checklist:  “Do I have enough fat? (yes)  Do I have enough protein? (yes)  Do I have enough carbs (just barely, but it will have to do, I can get the other calories from excess body fat.)  The fiber is around 25 gm daily, which is the minimum recommended by dieticians.  This is why I am not in “starvation mode”, where you don’t lose any weight on fewer calories for over a week.  My body has no chance to declare me starving and refuse to lose weight, to hang on to every ounce of food and water that it consumes in an effort to prevent starvation.  This is different from a pause, in a long and successful diet.

So here are my stats for today:

Weight 145.4   FBS 154  Fat% 33.2

And here is the menu: 

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Drink

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance tortilla, 1/4 cup Marketside Tuna Salad, romaine, 5 grapes

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Progresso LIGHT Chicken and Cheese Enchilada soup, salad, 5 Toasted crackers

Total Calories 797, Total Fat 46 gm, Total Carbs 56 gm, Total Protein 56 gm, Total Fiber 22 gm, Total Net Carbs 34 gm.

No comments: