Monday, November 13, 2017

DAY 55: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


I think I am going to hit my goal of 148 pounds in the last 8 weeks of 800 calorie dieting with real food.  I lost one whole pound when I weighed this morning.  Tomorrow, I hope to weigh 148 plus some ounces.  That would be the same as the average weight loss of the original 11 participants in the Newcastle experiment.  They learned a lot in that experiment.  Type 2 diabetes is reversible, and what makes it reverse is the loss of fat from the pancreas and liver.  22 pounds did the trick for those 11 participants.  They all reversed. They learned it only takes 1 gram of fat out of the pancreas to reverse diabetes type 2, through the use of MRI machines as they lost weight.

But not me, not yet.  The encouraging part is for the last two mornings, including today, my fasting blood glucose has come down almost 20 points.  It was 139 this morning and 133 yesterday.  I am at 34% fat, having lost about 3% per month.  Looks like it should take another month to get me down to 31%, which I hope will be enough fat gone.

So, here are my stats for the day:

Weight 149.4   FBS 139, Fat% 34.6

And here is the menu:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Drink

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Control tortilla, 1/4 pkg. Marketside Kung Pao Chicken, romaine, one dried apricot

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Progresso Hearty Chicken & Rotini soup, salad, 5 Toasted crackers, 5 grapes

Total Calories 799, Total Fat 34 gm, Total Carbs 73 gm, Total Protein 58 gm, Total Fiber 21 gm, Total Net Carbs 52 gm  .


No comments: