Saturday, November 4, 2017

DAY 46: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


No weight loss this morning. I am ever hopeful that the last two weeks of this diet will see me at 148, a loss of 22 pounds.  This was the average weight loss of all the Newcastle Diet participants over 8 weeks.  What this means is that as long as you have a good balance of fat, protein, carbs, and fiber, you can indeed use ordinary food to do the weight loss, rather than the all protein drink and 200 calories of non-starch veggies that the study participants did.  I am sure they felt weak, constipated, and listless after their 8 weeks.

At this point, I would be classified as a non-responder in that diet because my fasting blood glucose has remained really high.  But we still have two weeks to go on the diet, then I am going on with the diet and the Vielight 810 for as much as another month.  After I hit 140, I will go off the diet and cautiously start adding food back in.  I will start with adding nuts and dried fruit, which I am craving constantly now, and then sourdough bread.  Both of these have a glycemic index like fruit and veggies, so that would be a first good choice to increase calories.  After that, beans, sweet potatoes and starchy veggies.  Add calories back in slowly, so I will try adding 200 calories per week when I “graduate.”  The Vielight 810 should increase my calorie burning over time, but I cannot assess right now what my upper limit for calories will be without gaining weight, after dieting.

Here are my stats for the day:

Weight 152.4, FBS 154, Fat% 34.9

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Shake

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 1/4 cup Marketside Tuna Salad, romaine, Dole Peach Cup

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Cugino’s Burgundy French Onion Soup, salad, 5 Toasted crackers, 1 dried apricot

Total Calories 796, Total Fat 42 gm, Total Carbs 66 gm, Total Protein 45 gm, Total Fiber 23 gm, Total Net Carbs 43 gm.

No comments: