Saturday, October 21, 2017

DAY 32: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


The weight seems to be coming off at a steady ½ pound per day loss now.  I lost six tenths of a pound overnight. My fasting blood sugar is up to 154, so I will likely take insulin today, but I never hit 200 post prandial yesterday so I put it off.  It looks like I will have to have it today, but we will see.

I am really looking forward to lunch today, as it is bbq beef brisket in that tortilla.  I grew up in the south, and in a part of the country where it is a sin to put any sauce at all on  the hardwood smoked brisket.  They hand you a tomato and onion to go with the beer and bbq brisket and no one dares ask for sauce because the 25 foot long smoke pipe and a good rub does it all.  So, I will scrape the sauce off the brisket from Jack Daniels, and be happy that at least I have brisket. I bought the Jack Daniels Beef Brisket at Walmart.

Here are my stats for the day:

Weight 158.2, FBS 154, Fat% 36.6

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Shake  (use the 20 gm protein kind)

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 2 oz Jack Daniels  bbq beef brisket or 2 oz  roast beef, 5 grapes

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Progresso Light Chicken Noodle Soup, salad, 5 Toasted Crackers

Total Calories 792, Total Fat 40 gm, Total Carbs 68 gm, Total Protein 50 gm, Total Fiber 22 gm, Total Net Carbs 46 gm.






No comments: