Friday, October 20, 2017

DAY 31: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


I lost half a pound yesterday, but the real winner is a huge drop in my fat percent.  It is the lowest it has been in my adult life, as is my weight.  I keep on keepin’ on.

 My fasting is rising and I will have to take 10 units Lantus insulin today after I hit 200 postprandial.  I am down from 28 units twice daily.  This is a substantial lessening, but I am only eating 800 calories.  If I am successful in losing the fat from my pancreas and liver, the reward is no more insulin shots.  I would even take a substantial weight loss from here in order to let my internal organs have their say.  I think I could weigh as little as 140, but I don’t know when I will be off insulin, or if ever.  I just know I feel better with every drop in weight and fat percent.

Here are my stats:

Weight 158.8,  FBS 150, Fat% 36%

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Drink

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 1/4 cup Marketside Tuna Salad, romaine, Dole No Sugar Mandarin Orange cup

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Progresso Light Beef Barley Vegetable Soup, 5 Toasted Crackers, salad

Total Calories 799, Total Fat 44 gm, Total Carbs 62 gm, Total Protein 49 gm, Total Fiber 24 gm, Total Net Carbs 38 gm

No comments: