Thursday, October 5, 2017

DAY 16: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


Well, the weight loss slowed down a bit.  I lost .6 pound overnight, which is looking better to me than the one pound a day loss, because I know the real work has started.  I will be insanely happy with 2 pounds per week loss from here on.

I have not been hungry, or tired, even though I am only eating 800 calories daily.  This is because of adequate protein, carbs, fat, and fiber – real food is far superior to just protein drinks.  But these days even the protein drinks have fiber in them.

So, here are my stats:

Weight 161.4, FBS 115 (10 Units Lantus last night),  Fat % 39 

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Drink

LUNCH:   Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, ¼ cup Marketside Tuna Salad, romaine, 5 grapes

DINNER:  1/2  Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Campbell’s Pub Style Chicken Pot Pie Soup, salad, 5 Toasted Crackers

Total Calories: 797,  Total Fat 47 gm, Total Carbs 60 gm, Total Protein 41 gm, Total Fiber 20 gm, Total Net Carbs 40 gm

No comments: