Wednesday, October 18, 2017

DAY 29: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD


And the weight loss saga continues this morning.  I lost another half a pound, six tenths, actually.  The weight loss has slowed, and I hope it settles in around 2 pounds per week.  That is a great weight loss goal for those who want to lose weight slowly so it stays off.  That’s me.  I have lost 125 pounds at 2.5 pounds per week over the course of the year, at 1200 calories.  Those calories were balanced protein and carb, and low fat.  These are the same principles I apply to the 800 calories, and my guess is that this close to my desired weight, it will be the same 2 pounds per week, to lose the fat out of my pancreas and liver to produce remission of diabetes type 2.  At any rate, I celebrate the half pound weight loss this morning!

So, here are my daily stats:

Weight 159.8,  FBS 129 (10 units Lantus yesterday),  Fat% 37.1

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-Fast Protein Shake

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 2 oz Hormel Roast Beef Au Jus, romaine, 2 dried apricots

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup Progresso Lentil Soup, salad, 5 Toasted Crackers

Total Calories  758, Total Fat 32 gm, Total Carbs 77 gm, Total Protein 51 gm, Total Fiber 24 gm, Total Net Carbs 53 gm.




No comments: