Thursday, February 1, 2018

BARLEY IS A MIRACLE FOR BLOOD SUGAR FOR DIABETES T2


The barley cereal and barley and cheese I had yesterday really took my blood sugar down in the afternoon, in fact, it went down so much that I had to eat 80 carb grams of sweets after I took my 10 units of Lantus.  I was stunned at how low my blood sugar was going, and how fast.  This stuff is transformative for a diabetic.  As I carried my chocolate chip cookies to the bed in case I woke up with low blood sugar (yes, I did have to use them) I was amazed that just that little barley, for just those few days, completely changed my glucose response to carbs.  The highs are gone.  I was not over 148 postprandial yesterday.

I made barley bread yesterday, and this is day one of 3 servings per day of that barley bread, in addition to the Tsampas barley cereal.  So, for the next three days, the menu will include 3 servings of barley bread.  I will have to take less insulin now.  Since the barley is so transformative for blood sugar, please work with your doctor to reduce your diabetic medications as you eat your barley.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas barley cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1/8th loaf of barley bread, ½ cup Mom’s Tuna Salad, 1 small apple

DINNER:  ½ Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 1/8th loaf of barley bread, 3 oz lean hamburger patty, salad

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Fat 67 gm, Carbs 158 gm, Protein 67 gm, Fiber 24 gm

Minus 40 minutes walking – 216 calories

Net Calories 1218

FAT GRAMS ARE UP AND THERE ARE MORE CALORIES IN CARBS BECAUSE I AM EXERCISING.  IF NO EXERCISE, CONTINUE TO BALANCE PROTEIN AND CARBS WITHIN 10 GM.

No comments: