Friday, February 9, 2018

A DAY OFF THE DIET, AND INSULIN HITTING REALLY HARD NOW WITH BARLEY


I had a few extra-curricular carbs yesterday, and had to shoot another 10 units Lantus, so my blood sugar this morning reflects that, rather than the effect of the 2 servings of barley yesterday.  I woke up with 88 as a fasting glucose reading.  I will say that the insulin is hitting me much harder these days, since I started experimenting with barley.  I will not know how the experiment is going until I start taking the barley grass pills on the 15th, after Valentine’s Day.  That should get all the partying out of the way, and let the real work on my fasting blood glucose begin.

So, here is the menu for today, with 2 servings barley, which I will maintain from this point on because it is making me much more sensitive to insulin.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half
(I like Tsampas cereal hot, so I use 1/3 cup cereal to 1/2 cup water, nuke for one minute)

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance tortilla, 6 pc Tyson Honey BBQ Chicken Wings, romaine, small apple

DINNER:  3 oz broiled lean pork chop, 1 cup butternut squash, salad, 1/3 cup Lucky Leaf Lite Cherry Pie Filling, whipped cream, ¼ cup Great Grains
(This is the best dessert, less than 100 calories)

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking = 163 calories

Net Calories 1208

No comments: