Wednesday, February 21, 2018

DAY 6 BACK TO 1200 CALORIES AND 2 SERVINGS BARLEY


My fasting glucose this morning was 105, but I ate 1400 calories yesterday and had to take extra insulin.  So the insulin is what is talking on my fasting glucose today.  I will be going back to 1200 calories to see what the barley is doing, rather than 1400.  My body is just not ready for those calories.  I did learn the extent of the metabolic increase with the barley, but could not sustain it day to day at 1400 calories.

So, here is the 1200 calorie menu today, and I will stick to that.  We should see more improvement on the barley and 1200 calories.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampa cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Breakfast wrap made of Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 2 scrambled eggs, onions, green pepper, ham and 2 pieces bacon, small apple

DINNER:  3 oz sirloin tip steak, baked potato, salad, Dole Sugar Free Peach Cup

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

Total net calories 1200

No comments: