Saturday, February 17, 2018

DAY 2 NOTES ON BARLEY PILLS AS WELL AS 2 BARLEY SERVINGS


My fasting glucose this morning is 107, much improved, and I had to eat more calories – about 250 calories extra.  My metabolism is picking up significantly with the barley and now the barley grass pills.

I ate 1200 calories and took 10 units of insulin to do so, already a 50% cut from my normal insulin dose for 1200 calories.  But I was so hungry, I had to have another 216 calories in banana bread – poor me –before dinner.  I took another 10 units after dinner  to stay at 20 units insulin, but I can see already that the banana bread was a “gimme” because the barley was affecting the post prandial highs from the rest of the day.  I never went over 180 post prandial, and was really hungry.  I think this is a case of increased metabolism, and my trophy was that piece of banana bread, all due to the barley.  I ate the extra 216 calories and my fasting glucose this morning is 107, substantially lower than my unmedicated fasting glucose of 150, and with insulin, is coming into the normal range.  I hope by the time the 60 days is up, my insulin dose will be substantially decreased.  We will see.  I must say I am not hungry at 107 fasting glucose.  This is very real and a huge improvement.

I decided to take 4 barley grass pills yesterday.  The bottle says you can take up to 10 pills daily.  And from reading on the net, barley increases the metabolic rate for 10 to 14 hours.  I should be able to eat more on the insulin I take, and cut back on it as the readings fall.  Needless to say, I am really happy with the outcome on the first couple of days.  And needless to say, I will be eating as much barley as I can work in comfortably, as well as taking barley grass pills.  I am now taking twice the barley grass pills that produced the 25% drop in fasting glucose in the clinical trial.

So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampa cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 3 oz Mistica Ranch Cheez-it Coated Chicken Bites, romaine, small apple

DINNER:  ½ Sim-Fast Protein Shake, 1 cup barley and cheese casserole, 1 cup butternut squash, salad, 1/3 cup Lite Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling, whipped cream, ¼ cup Great Grains cereal as topping

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

Net calories 1172

No comments: