Thursday, February 8, 2018

FASTING BLOOD SUGAR IS LOWER YET ON ONLY 2 SERVINGS OF BARLEY


This morning my fasting blood sugar is 106, much lower than my usual 150.  I ate 1200 calories yesterday after exercise and I used 20 units Lantus.  The Lantus hit really hard, and my lower fasting glucose is the measure this morning.  This indicates that the repeated servings from day to day mean as much as the number of servings in a day.  Of course, this is not a clinical trial.  But I have observed that the more consistently I eat barley (cereal for breakfast and barley bread for a snack) the lower my fasting is going.  So, I will keep up two servings a day of barley until Feb. 15th, when I start the barley grass capsules, 1.2 grams daily as the clinical trial stated.  I am much encouraged.  The barley products are delicious, very filling, and the warm, nutty flavor of the bread is something I look forward to every day.  Insulin is expensive, and the more I can cut down on that, the better.

Here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup barley TSAMPAS cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1 whole Slim-fast Protein Drink, Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, Johnsonville beef brat link, romaine, 2 dried apricots

DINNER:  4 Louisa Toasted Ravioli, 3/4 cup garden vegetable medley

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking = 163 calories

Net Calories 1214


No comments: