Sunday, February 11, 2018

ANOTHER INDICATION OF LESS INSULIN NEEDED WITH BARLEY


My fasting glucose this morning is 135, about 15 points lower than usual.  The way I got here was not as planned. After dinner and 1200 calories, I came in at 181 post prandial, and the entire 1200 calories was metabolized on only 10 units Lantus.  I was about to just let it go, and see what the fasting was this morning, but I got really hungry, and decided to shoot the next 10 units and have more to eat.  This is symptomatic of what is happening:  insulin needs are decreasing with the use of barley, and now the 1200 calories is not enough for me.  This means I am slowly freeing myself up from the use of insulin by eating barley at two servings per day.  When I add the barley grass pills on Thursday of next week, I may see much more improvement.  I really look forward to that 60 day test.  And two servings of barley daily will definitely be part of the routine.

So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup hot TSAMPA barley cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  ½ Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 2 oz sliced ham, Mission Carb Control Tortilla, romaine, small apple

DINNER:  3 oz lean broiled pork chop, 1 cup butternut squash, 1 cup chicken corn chowder soup, salad, 3 Voortman Peanut Butter cookies

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

Net Calories 1216

No comments: