Sunday, February 4, 2018

3RD DAY OF BARLEY BREAD - NOTES AND TEST END


Yesterday was the last of three days with three servings barley bread.  This morning I woke up with a fasting blood sugar of 98.  That is the best I have ever seen it, and it was on my usual 20 units of insulin.  There has been a great improvement in my insulin sensitivity since I started eating barley in a major way.  I was not hungry on that 98 reading, which is a new phenomenon.

So, I think you can count this experiment as a definite success!  I will be making barley and cheese and incorporating it into 1200 calorie menus, and I will continue to make barley bread to serve at least one serving per day.  That means my other bread serving will be the Mission Low Carb Tortilla, or sourdough (low-glycemic) bread.

Between the Vielight 810 and the barley, and 1200 calories daily, my experiement has reduced my insulin intake yet again.  I will keep all of it up until Feb 15th.  At that point, I start the barley grass capsules, 1.2 gram daily.  That experiment might further reduce my need for insulin.

So, here is the menu for today:  same old 1200 calories with reduced barley bread.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup tsampas cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, 2 tbs half and half, stevia

LUNCH: ½ Slim-fast Protein Shake, Mission Carb Balance tortilla, 1 Johnsonville Beef Brat, salad

DINNER: 3 oz hamburger patty, baked potato, 2 oz Janet’s rich banana bread, cole slaw

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Fat 82 gm, Carbs 137 gm, Protein 56 gm,  Fiber 28 gm

Minus 45 minutes walking = 243 calories

Net Calories 1197

No comments: