Tuesday, February 6, 2018

LOWER FASTING BLOOD SUGAR THIS MORNING, 1200 NET CALORIE MENU


Ok, I am back today with lower fasting blood sugar.  It is 140, about 10 points lower than ususal.  I had my net 1200 calories yesterday and shot 20 units insulin.  My normal fasting glucose is 150.

At this point, I am doing several things that could be affecting that, although I will not be taking barley grass pills until the 15th.  I continue to use the Vielight 810, although I cannot quantify how it is affecting my blood sugar.  I do know the Vielight has increased my stamina dramatically, and my sleep has improved greatly.  And of course, I lost 25 pounds on the 800 calorie diet, which really affected how much insulin I take – it has been cut in half.  And yesterday, I had 3 servings barley – one with Tsampas cereal, a snack with barley bread, and some barley and cheese which will show up today in the menu.  All delicious. Barley is an extremely filling food
.
So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance tortilla, 1 pc Van De Kamp’s Breaded Fish for Sandwiches, cole slaw, 2 dried apricots, 16 Daily Crave Tomato Basil Lentil Chips

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup barley and cheese casserole, steamed broccoli

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking = 163 calories

Net Calories 1204


No comments: