Wednesday, January 31, 2018

REPORT ON BARLEY CEREAL EFFECTS AND 1200 NET CALORIES MENU


Since I have eaten 7 bowls of barley cereal, some notable things have happened.  My post prandial highs have been clipped.  I have consistently come in at less than 180 after eating my main meals, and that has happened in the first week of daily barley cereal.  This is very impressive.

Today, I am making barley bread.  The goal is to eat three servings a day for three days, then to integrate that bread on a daily basis.  Since it takes awhile to actually cook, and my carb tolerance is still low, I think the first three days need the extra emphasis on bread. The clinical trials were done with three servings the first three days.  But I will keep up the barley cereal.  It makes me full all day long, and I hope the bread does the same thing.

My fasting blood sugar was 5 points less than usual this morning.

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampa barley cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 4 pc Tyson Honey BBQ chicken wings, romaine, raw veggies, 2 dried apricots, 16 Daily Crave Tomato Basil Lentil Chips

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1 cup barley and cheese casserole, salad,
more raw veggies

Fat 69 gm, Carbs 144 gm, Protein 66 gm, Fiber 32 gm

Walking for 30 minutes – minus 150 calories

Net Calories 1226


No comments: