Friday, February 23, 2018

RENEWED SUCCESS YESTERDAY WITH BARLEY, BARLEY PILLS, AND EXTRA CALORIES


Yesterday, my post prandial after lunch was 115.  I had taken 20 units insulin, as usual, but I ate 1600 calories, and had an extra Panera asiago cheese bagel.  I woke up with fasting glucose of 107.  The barley is working its magic really hard now.  This is so much better than 28 units of insulin twice daily that I was using, now down to 20 units daily to burn 400 more calories.

I have given thought to how people can integrate barley into their food as diabetics, and some caution is necessary.  When barley improves their metabolic rate, a change in medications is needed.  If dieting software is used, this is possible to track by how many calories are burned.  But I highly suggest that the person’s doctor needs to be involved on any large medication changes.  So, with this caveat, I can highly recommend barley for any diabetic.  But it will be necessary for them to track what they are eating and note the increased metabolic rate.  So my suggestion is to use dieting software (I use Calorieking) and take careful notes of what you are eating and how much medication you are using. Work with your doctor to track medication amounts. 

Since not everyone has diet software, and most don't test as much as I do, I am closing this section of posting on barley.  If you can track what you eat, and work with barley, it is definitely worth it.  But it requires vigilance, and time to make barley bread, and taking barley pills religiously.  So, be vigilant, record your food nutrition with software, and work with your doctor.


No comments: