Saturday, February 10, 2018

BARLEY ENABLES HALF THE INSULIN DOSAGE, NORMAL FASTING GLUCOSE


Just 10 units of insulin metabolized my 1200 net calories yesterday.  I wanted to see what would happen if I did not take the last 10 units in the afternoon yesterday.  I peaked at 213, and I should have taken the afternoon 10 units.  I wanted to see my fasting glucose today, and it is at its usual 150.  Believe it or not, this is progress, indicating that I got the usual fall in glucose on just 10 units instead of 20.  But today, I will take the usual 20 units and see where that takes me for fasting glucose tomorrow.  I am still encouraged.  My insulin needs are still dropping.  And I am only a few days away from starting the barley grass pills that have been proven to reduce fasting glucose by as much as 25%, which would take me into the “pre-diabetic” range of fasting glucose.

I am out of barley bread for today, so I will use Barley and Cheese for my second serving of barley.  I’ll be making barley bread once per week, as a loaf lasts 8 days.

Here is the menu for today.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas Cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1 can tuna, cream sauce, 2 pieces Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal Bread, celery, small apple

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Drink, 1/12 casserole barley and cheese, salad, 2 Marketside mini-brownies

SNACK:  1/12 pan gingerbread, coffee, 2 dried apricots

Minus 60 minutes walking inside (ice storm today) – 324 calories.  ! am walking longer to get that gingerbread!

Net calories 1204

No comments: