Friday, February 2, 2018

NOTES ON MY FIRST DAY ON BARLEY BREAD


Yesterday was my first day of three servings of barley bread plus Tsampas cereal.

My fasting glucose yesterday was 154.  My postprandial glucose after snack was 168, a low compared to usual highs without insulin of 200’s.  The difference was, I took no insulin all day long to metabolize my net 1200 calories.  So, I got normal numbers on post-prandial highs, but without the use of insulin.  I will follow the progress today.  My fasting glucose is down slightly, even without insulin.  This is very encouraging, but if I get a postprandial high over 200 today, I will take insulin.

Here is the net 1200 calories menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas barley cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1/8th loaf barley bread, 3 oz Mystica Ranch Cheezit-Coated Chicken Bites, 1 small apple

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

DINNER:  1/8th loaf barley bread, 2 eggs, 2 strips bacon, 1 mandarin orange.

Minus 30 minutes walking = 162 calories

Net calories 1182


No comments: