Thursday, February 22, 2018

A BREAK WHILE I RECOMPUTE MY BARLEY AND INSULIN


Well, this has been tougher than I thought, but I won’t give up.  Yesterday, I went back to 1200 calories, and got caught in the same trap I did several days ago.  I was really hungry on 1200 calories, had to eat more, and shoot insulin as a result.  I am having trouble adjusting my insulin dosage to my new metabolic rate with the barley.  1200 is too little, 1400 is too much.  I think it will come around at 1300 calories, but I am going to sign off for a few days while I work this out.

From what I can see, the barley has given me about 100 free calories every day on less insulin.  But it is choppy waters until I figure out how much more I can eat without having to take more insulin.  This is a good problem to have, but I will be away while I figure it out.  Thanks for coming along for the experiment on barley.

If you work with barley for yourself, be sure to work with your doctor, as your medications will need to be adjusted.  And it would be great to figure out your newly won free calories, so use barley wherever you can.

No comments: