Thursday, February 15, 2018

START OF BARLEY PILLS FOR 60 DAYS TO REDUCE FASTING GLUCOSE


I had an absolutely great Valentine’s Day, and my fasting glucose this morning shows it.  It was 165, and I had to take 10 units Lantus to start the day.  I will be testing the 1 gram of barley grass daily over the next 60 days.  It should be 1.2 grams to match the clinical trial, but the pills I have are 500 mg.  Close enough.  I took my first barley grass pill this morning.  I'll take the second tonight, and 2 per day for 60 days.  I'll record my fasting glucose each morning.

So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup hot Tsampas cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 1 pc Van de Kamp’s Breaded Fish for Sandwiches, romaine, mandarin orange

DINNER:  ½ Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 4 Louisa Toasted Ravioli, salad, 1 cup butternut squash

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee, Dole Sugar Free Peach Cup

Total Calories 1210

No comments: