Saturday, February 3, 2018

2ND DAY OF BARLEY BREAD NOTES


Yesterday was the second day of three servings of barley bread.  I did go over 200 post prandial and had to take 10 units of insulin.  When I did that, the insulin hit me really hard again.  It is hard to take less than 10 units, but I need to figure out how, because I had to eat carbs again to bring it back up.  It is looking like the barley can really make a difference, but it makes it hard to diet at 1200 net calories.  Good thing this is the last day.  I will have my three servings and consider my gut flora has been renovated with the barley bread.  I will be adding barley and cheese, and barley bread, to my 1200 net calories as I can.  We have to keep the little darlings fed.

So, here is the menu for the day, the last day of 3 servings barley bread:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas Cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1 ground beef patty, 1 cup Cugino’s Cheddar Broccoli soup, small carrot, 1/8th loaf barley bread

DINNER:  ½ Slim-Fast protein drink, 1/8th loaf barley bread, baked tilapia, salad

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 45 minutes walking =  243 calories

Net Calories 1208

The menus will turn into regular food tomorrow, with the addition of occasional barley food products.  I will keep up the Tsampas cereal, it is delicious and keeps me full all day long.


No comments: