Tuesday, February 20, 2018

DAY 5 WITH 3 SERVINGS BARLEY, BARLEY GRASS PILLS AND EXTRA CALORIES


My fasting glucose this morning was 155, and I took 10 units insulin.  This reflects the fact that I had 400 extra calories yesterday, to see what would happen to my fasting glucose at that level.  It returned to my normal fasting glucose of 155, but golly, I ate 1600 calories yesterday.  Breakfast post-prandial then was 139 .  I added Little Debbie Spinwheel to snack,  110 calories.  After dinner, added On Protein Cake Bites, 1/3 package for 72 calories.  Total added calories 230.  Later, a small croissant and an extra tangerine.  Total added calories for the day, 400.

This is amazing.  The extra calories are what pushed me up to 155 fasting glucose, but it took 400 calories extra to do that.  That is the best measure I have so far of how much the barley is increasing my metabolism, as the fasting glucose is my usual fasting glucose, only it was produced today on 1600 calories yesterday instead of 1200.  I will not challenge with extra calories today, but I will keep up the planning for 1200 calories and probably eat about 200 extra calories, to see if 20 units of insulin and 1400 calories will get me down into lower fasting glucose readings.

NEWS FLASH: There’s a new product out at Walmart based on protein cake and frosting, called On Protein Cake Bites.  There are 20 gm protein per cake bite package, and 25 carb grams.  I eat one cake bite at a time, (which is 1/3 the package) and that is what I had for dessert at dinner.  Delicious, and it added protein that I needed.

So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampa cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 2 oz sliced deli chicken, 2 slices bacon, tomato, romaine, 1 cup chicken soup, dried apricot

DINNER:  Bamquet Turkey and Dressing Dinner, 1/3 cup Lucky Leaf, whipped cream, ¼ cup Great Grains

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee, 1 On Protein Cake Bite

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

Net Calories 1198

No comments: