Monday, February 5, 2018

1200 CALORIES AFTER SUPER BOWL, PLUS EXERCISE


Well, I hope everyone had a great Super Bowl evening, I sure did!  But my fasting blood sugar this morning is really high from the food, so I won’t mention it now.  But I will starting next day after Valentines, Feb. 15th, a Thursday.  It is also the new moon, a great time to start any new project.  This test will record what happens to my fasting blood sugar when I take 1.2 grams barley grass daily.  Of course this also means I need to follow the net 1200 calorie diet very carefully during that 2 month test, so that my fasting glucose numbers are not blown out by party food.  That will be a two month test to see if I can achieve a 25% reduction in fasting glucose, as the clinical trial participants did.

So, on to the net 1200 calories for today, with exercise.  Barley cereal and barley bread will be two servings daily on the 1200 calories.  If you are not using barley cereal, and barley bread, you would not be getting the increase in insulin sensitivity that I have experienced.  That has taught me that I want those two servings a day of barley.  Substitute as you will.  Paleo cereals that are grain free are a good substitute, but won't do the job the way barley does.

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas Cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance tortilla, ½ cup Mom’s Tuna Salad, 1 small apple

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Shake, one El Monterey Chicken Empanada, ¾ cup mixed garden veggies

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 162 calories

Net calories 1213

No comments: