Monday, February 12, 2018

LOWER FASTING GLUCOSE BUT INCREASED HUNGER WITH BARLEY

I am pretty sure the increased hunger is the mark of an increasing metabolism.

My fasting glucose this morning is 111, but I had to have the second shot of 10 units insulin to achieve it.  I am only a few days away from taking the barley grass capsules to lower fasting glucose as much as 25%.  In the meantime, my choice is to eat more and take more insulin, or stop at 1200 calories and be really hungry.  This is also an indicator of increasing metabolic rate.  I am entering a period where my usual readings are changing and I am getting really hungry.  I will wait til after Valentine’s Day, then begin the pills when I am not fighting celebratory meals and treats.  Today I am back with three servings barley, to see what happens.

So, here is the menu for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup hot Tsampa cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Control tortilla, ½ cup tuna salad, romaine, small apple

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 1 cup Barley and Cheese Casserole, salad, 2 Voortman Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Wafers

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

 NET CALORIES 1193

No comments: