Monday, September 25, 2017

DAY 6: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD

My salad last night was 2 stalks celery, 2 cherry tomatoes from our garden, radishes from our garden, and green pepper.  I used 2 tbs. French Onion Dip for my dressing. Salad is defined as non-starchy raw veggies, so you can have the traditional green salad, or just go with a salad plate of raw veggies.  You can also tuck raw green veggies into any wrap we make with protein sources.

My fasting is down, but my weight is up.  The second day of non-weight loss.  Drink more water, drink more water.

Here are my stats:

Weight 164.4  FBS 137 yay!, Fat% 38.6   Total weight loss:  5.5 lb in 5 days, down 1% on fat%

Menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  1/2 Slim-fast Shake

LUNCH:  3 oz Great Value Uncured Pulled Pork, Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 10 grapes

DINNER:  1 cup Progresso Lentil and Roasted Vegetable Soup, salad, 5 Toasted Crackers, 1/2 Init Bar

TOTAL CALORIES: 783,  Total fat: 35 gm, Total Carbs 78 gm, Total Protein 49 gm. Fiber 25 gm, Net Carbs 53 gm

As always, if you find a day where the food does not appeal to you, just use another day that you do like.  There will be 2 months of them when I am done.  Also, if you have any leftover chicken salad, or tuna salad, or Hormel roast beef au jus, just go back to the day that has those foods and use that menu for the day.

Now that you are used to doing this, note that protein is with 10 gm of net carbs - a balanced protein and carb diet.  This is why you are not very hungry on 800 calories, from the fiber, protein, and adequate net carbs.

Lentil and Roasted Veggie Soup is available at Walmart, as is Uncured Pulled Pork, in the refrigerated section by the bacon and lunch meats. Init bars are at Amazon.  I am using a lot of food from Walmart, because they are available nationwide.  I am also working without cooking.

No comments: