Thursday, September 21, 2017

DAY 2: 800 CALORIE DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD

My stats this morning, after day 1

Weight 167.2  FBS 156  FAT% 39.9

I have lost weight (2.7 lbs) but my fasting has gone up.  I am not freaking out, because that would indicate I am not making enough insulin to metabolize 800 calories.  But I will continue the test and accept the results for the entire 8 weeks.  It could be that I had residual insulin in my system the first day.  I will drink ginger tea, take reishi mushroom,  and put gardenia essential oil on my wrists.  All of these lower blood sugar.  I will measure again in an hour and take a small walk before I eat this AM.  It could be the glycemic index on something I ate yesterday, or my meter could be wrong.  Will test again right before breakfast.

After further thought, I realized that my liver, which is the second most important organ in blood sugar readings, could have figured I am starving at 800 calories per day, so it just released whatever glucose was there in the liver after day 1.  Since I am not a doctor, these are just my musings.

It could also be that my natural fasting will improve greatly over the next two months.  Time will tell.
It is also true that my post-prandial high yesterday was 157, which is very good..

Here is the menu for the day:

BREAKFAST:  Half a Slim Fast protein drink.

LUNCH: Mission Carb Balance tortilla, light mayo, 2 oz turkey, 2 pc bacon, romaine, mandarin orange

DINNER:  1 cup 15-bean soup, half a Slim-Fast protein drink, salad, and half an Init Bar

Total Calories: 785,  Fat 24 gm,  Carbs 80 gm,  Protein 61 gm,  Fiber 36 gm , Net Carbs 44 gm

Init Bars are available at Amazon.com

No comments: