Thursday, January 25, 2018

UPDATE: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD

Sorry about the interruption, gentle readers.  A holiday guest arrived and it broke on me suddenly that it is useless to diet during the end of year holidays.  But I am proud to say that I actually weigh 2/10ths of a pound less than I did at the (abrupt) end of the diet.  When I weighed this morning, I weighed 147.2.

How did I do it?  The answer is software and 1200 calories consistently, just like I did the 800 calories consistently.  I just lucked out at guessing my maintenance calories.  I do allow exercise calories in the net 1200 calories daily.

I am now using less than 1/2 the insulin I was taking before the 800 calorie diet.  The loss of 25 pounds in those 73 days took me from a "Overweight" Tanita Scale pronouncement, to an actual "NORMAL".  I weigh less now than I did in high school.

I feel the Vielight 810 has contributed to less insulin resistance as well, although I cannot quantify it.  I do know that my endurance has increased (made it all the way to the top of the 1/4 mile hill going up at about 36 degrees without stopping) and I am sleeping much better.  I will use this from now on, as the help to diabetes can only get better with time.

I am learning about barley grass to reduce fasting blood sugar.  As the diet was not enough to get me off insulin, I will start barley grass capsules.  I will write about what I learn as I learn it.

No comments: