Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1200 CALORIE DIET WITH BARLEY CEREAL AND EXERCISE


I am noticing the fact that since I started eating the Tsampas barley cereal daily, the 20 units of insulin I take to metabolize 1200 calories is taking my morning fasting blood sugar lower and lower.  That same 20 units I took yesterday on 1200 net calories produced a fasting blood sugar reading of 105 this morning.  It is usually around 150.  So, I will continue to eat the barley cereal every single day.  It has produced results in insulin sensitivity that the 800 calorie diet could not touch, at least in terms of my fasting blood sugar.

Previous Swedish research on barley revealed that the cereal's fiber generates an increase of the gut bacteria Prevotella copri, which directly help to regulate blood sugar levels and give an assist in decreasing unhealthy gut bacteria.

Also, since I am walking for 45 minutes today, I have loosened up on the fat and carb amounts to cover the exercise.

So, here is my 1200 net calories for today:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampas Barley Cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  1 cup 15-Bean Soup, 1 Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 1 oz cheddar cheese, 2 dried apricots, raw veggies, 8 Daily Crave Tomato Basil Lentil Chips

DINNER:  1 whole Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 1 Great Value 3 Meat Mini Pizza, salad, one cup Cugino’s French Onion Soup

Fat 64 gm, Carbs 162 gm, Protein 66 gm, Fiber 37 gm,

Minus 45 minutes walking = 243 calories

Net Calories = 1192

No comments: