Friday, January 26, 2018

BARLEY AND DIABETES T2

As my research on fasting blood sugar has taken me around the web, I have seen the clinical trials of 1.2 grams barley grass pills daily on fasting blood sugar.  Evidently, it can take fasting blood sugar readings down by 25%.  That would be enough to take my natural fasting blood sugar (no insulin) of 150 down to pre-diabetic levels of 114.  Enough that I can eat, have carbs in the morning, and all that optional stuff.  So, after the end of the Vielight test to see what it can do for my diabetes, I will be adding barley grass, 1.2 grams of the pills from Now Foods daily.  I will be posting to record changes in that fasting blood sugar number.  This will begin Feb. 15th, to give the Vielight its full 3 months to help with insulin resistance, stamina, and blood sugar.

Also, I have learned how barley also takes down glucose responses to meals:  by changing the gut microbes in your body towards the microbes that actually manage glucose.  The little darlings in your gut become more active the more barley you eat.  And they multiply.  And they help control your glucose spikes after meals, not only due to slower emptying of the stomach, but also due to actual substances those microbes put out.  The more barley the better.  So, evidently it is time for me to actively change my gut biome.  I will be adding one barley grass pill in the morning and one in the evening.  I will record my fasting blood sugar from day to day, as well as my new research.  I will also be adding barley recipes and barley food products as I go along.

No comments: