Sunday, January 28, 2018

BARLEY CEREAL IS GREAT FOR DIABETES T2


There is a new barley cereal out that is absolutely delicious and actually made a difference in my blood glucose the first and second time I ate it.  It is called Peak Sherpa Himalayan-Style TSAMPA Barley Cereal.  The kind I got is the kind with cherries, almonds and cranberries in it.  I got it from Amazon.

My report is “absolute ecstasy” and lowered post-prandial glucose by about 10 points that I can see right away.  And it works on the long term by changing the gut biome into the favor of the probiotics and prebiotics that reduce glucose.  I will be eating it every morning.

Here is the way I used this cereal.  I like hot cereal, so I just mixed 1/3 cup barley cereal out of the package with 1/3 cup water.  I nuked it in the microwave for 1 minute.  It makes a very thick cereal that I added stevia to for sweetness, 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and 1/3 cup half and half.  It makes a very rich porridge type breakfast that is absolutely delicious.

The payoff is you are not hungry for hours.  The cereal really sticks to your gut and keeps you full.  My post prandial high was definitely down on the first day.  So this is a daily thing for me until I start taking the Barley Grass capsules on Feb 15th, to lower my fasting blood sugar by 25% over two months.  I can hardly wait to start that test, but in the meantime, I will be adding barley itself to my diet in as many ways as I can.

 Here are the nutritionals for the cereal, blueberries, and half and half:

Fat 13 gm, Carbs 37 gm, Protein 7 gm, Fiber 5 gm, Total Net Carbs 32 gm, Total Calories 264.

No comments: