Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2 WAYS TO EAT OUT AND STAY ON YOUR DIET

There are not too many places that serve balanced protein and carb meals, but I have located two of them.

Arby's has a great chicken/fruit salad called Martha's Vineyard salad. They musta seen me coming! The numbers are: fat 8 gm, 25 carb gm and 25 protein gm, (roughly).

Also, Fazoli's has a wonderful Parmesan Chicken Salad, with numbers about 10gm fat, 30 gm protein, and 30gm carbs. Just throw away those breadsticks, they are one step closer to limb amputation! If only that were not a joke!

Martha

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the info on these two salads...I'll store that away for future reference. I've been telling my husband about all the ideas I'm getting from your blog. He's Type II on insulin and running into all the complications that arise after a period of time, but we've been seriously working at planning his meals better and getting his weight down and your suggestions really help. He's had two mornings with blood sugars of 85 and his afternoon reading was 68 yesterday, so the numbers are certainly reflecting his efforts.