Friday, May 3, 2013

JIMMY DEAN TURKEY SAUSAGE BREAKFAST BOWL

There aren't a lot of frozen foods that are balanced in protein and carb and designed for people who eat 5 small meals a day.  I am proud to announce that Jimmy Dean Delights Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl fills the bill!

This is a delicious combination of egg whites, potatoes, turkey sausage and cheese that has 240 calories.  The food composition is:  8 fat gm, 19 carb gm, 22 protein gm, and 2 fiber gm.  Perfect!

Each day I have protein only for first breakfast, then this breakfast bowl is a great candidate for my second breakfast 3 hours later. 

Most diabetics cannot tolerate too many carbs on waking, because the liver dumps glucose into the blood stream overnight.  Thus first breakfast is always protein only.  I like whey protein (vanilla or chocolate) in my coffee for first breakfast.

By the time 9AM rolls around, my body is finally ready to start processing some carbs.  And this little breakfast bowl is a real treat, yet it fits in to my diet of 1200 calories daily.  Thank you, Jimmy Dean!

No comments: