Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HOLY BASIL TEA LOWERS BLOOD SUGAR

Holy basil tea is a contributor to lower blood sugar for most people.  In my case, I found it reduces my blood glucose by about 20 points after meals.

I drink holy basil tea twice per day.  I drink it in the morning, when insulin resistance is highest, and I drink it before my lunch.  In both cases, my blood sugar is lower than if I did not drink the tea.

Holy basil is a member of the mint family, and you can taste that when you add stevia to sweeten.  It has a robust flavor, very tasty, with a hint of mint.

It also has and effect on the serotonin in your brain, bringing a mood lift.

Holy basil is also anti-inflammatory.  It stimulates the immune system and has anti-viral and antibacterial properties.

Holy basil tea is planted outside many houses in India, and you can grow it yourself.  It wants full sun and spreads easily.  It is an annual.

Enjoy!

No comments: