Monday, April 13, 2009

WHAT YOU EAT IS WHAT YOU FEEL

When I first started to manage my blood glucose with food, by hitting my target numbers for fat, protein, and carbs, I was simply stunned. I could not believe how much better I felt, starting with DAY 2 of this balanced carb and protein diet. Where before, I was hungry and tired all the time, by DAY 2 of the diet, the hunger had gone away, and my tiredness disappeared.

My sin was eating the average American diet. Once I began getting adequate protein, with half of my protein from whey protein, the hunger just went out the window. Instantly. Then, as I learned that the 100 gm of carbs to go with my 100 gm protein would not leave me craving carbs, my new way of life became complete.

This is a much better way of treating diabetes. Just learn to hit your target numbers. The target numbers are derived from 1 gm protein and 1 gm carbs for every pound of lean body mass. When you feed your body what it needs, the outrageous desire for more and more carbs just disappears.

Once I started hitting my target numbers, I felt BETTER from day to day, not worse, yet I was still losing weight! And my need for medications just disappeared.

So, if you want to feel better, learn to give your body the fuel mixture it is asking for. We know that if you learn to hit your target numbers for fat, protein, and carbs, that the body loses fat and gains muscle all on it's own. How much more of a clue do you need?

This is super nourishment on far fewer calories. Learn to live on lean protein, good carbs, and low fat. The stuff humanity has eaten for millenia. And you feel so much better!

No comments: