Monday, February 19, 2018

DAY 4 WITH 3 SERVINGS BARLEY AND BARLEY PILLS


My blood sugar readings are responding nicely to 2 servings barley plus 4 barley grass pills daily.  I was at 118 when I woke up this morning on 20 units insulin and about 1400 calories.  I am pretty sure I will need to eat 1400 calories, instead of 1200, because my hunger has increased.  My metabolism, in a word, is picking up with the barley.  I will not plan all 1400 calories, I will leave the extra calories up to the moment, and what I feel like eating.  But I will note calories, insulin dosage, and fasting blood sugar on a daily basis.  I have seen a definite improvement since I started experimenting with barley and barley grass pills.

So, here is the menu for today with 3 servings barley, plus 4 barley grass pills:

BREAKFAST:  1/3 cup Tsampa Cereal, 1/3 cup blueberries, stevia, 2 tbs half and half

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla, 3 oz Great Value Uncured Pork Ribs, romaine, ½ cup carrot and raisin salad, 2 Voortman Sugar Free Peanut Butter Wafers

DINNER:  ½ Slim-Fast Protein Shake, 1 cup barley and cheese casserole, salad, 1 cup butternut squash, ½ Nature’s Bakery Double Chocolate Brownie

SNACK:  1/8th loaf barley bread, coffee

Minus 30 minutes walking – 163 calories

Net Calories 1191

No comments: