Friday, September 22, 2017

DAY 3: 800 CAL DIET TO PUT DIABETES T2 INTO REMISSION WITH REAL FOOD

The weight is coming off nicely, but my fasting is still shooting way up, so I took 10 units of insulin this morning to bring it down for the day.  I  don't know if I am making enough insulin, but I suspect that as the diet goes on to the end, my pancreas will be making more.  I will be grateful to get the rest of the weight off, even if I have to continue to take a little insulin. I have lost 4.5 pounds since Day 1.  Of course, this is water,and as you can see, my body fat percentage is the same.  I suspect that as that goes down, so will my fasting.  Here are my stats today:


FBS 180  Weight 165.4  Fat % 40.2

Day 3 menu:

BREAKFAST: Half a Slim-fast shake, no carbs in the morning for diabetics due to morning liver dump.

LUNCH:  Mission Carb Balance Tortilla,  1/2 cup Marketside Tuna Salad, romaine, 1 dried apricot

SUPPER:  1 cup Alessi split pea soup, salad, and 1/2 Slim-fast Protein Drink

Total Calories:  796,  Total Fat 47 gm,  Total Carbs 58, Fiber 24, Net Carbs 34

I was a little hungry in the morning, as usual, and a little as I went to sleep.  Nothing I could not handle, and I was satiated the rest of the day.  Again, enough protein makes this diet work.  It is a balanced protein and carb diet, protein greater than or equal to carbs, within 10 grams.

By now you see the pattern:  protein only in the morning, high fiber wrap with protein, romaine lettuce and small fruit for lunch, and soup with salad for dinner, and a small 10-carb dessert when calories allow.  Not much, but satisfying because it has enough protein and fiber. Use non-starchy vegetables for your salad, and lite dressings, limited to 2 tbs.

If you are expert at using dieting software, substitute what you want, but you need 40-50 gm protein
daily for satiety and around 20-25 gm fiber.  Use Slim-fast protein drinks (they have fiber) to boost protein;  and use 1/2 Slim-fast protein drink for breakfast.  This makes mornings a little tough, but you can eat an early lunch if you need to.  I try to have an early supper, and go to sleep to escape any hunger at night.  But satiety is just fine from lunch on. Just be sure to make food composition (fat, protein, and carbs and fiber) roughly the same as mine, and be sure to come in below or at 800 calories.

DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ANYTHING IF YOU ARE NOT USED TO DEALING WITH FOOD COMPOSITION AND MEETING CALORIE REQUIREMENTS, OR IF YOU DON'T USE DIETING SOFTWARE.  OF COURSE, YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE ANY DAY FOR ANY OTHER DAY, WITHOUT USING SOFTWARE.

No comments: