Friday, June 6, 2008

MOST FRUIT IS 15 GM CARBS PER CUP

I love fruit. And I love fruit salad. So, I usually just choose 3 fruits that mix well, and mix one cup of salad. I always match this with 15 gm protein - something like a whey protein drink, or a piece of ham, or maybe 2 eggs. Consult your Book of Food Counts to find matching protein and carbs.

Here are some of my favorites:

1 oz ham with 1 cup mixed pineapple and cherries salad

1 oz cheese with red raspberries, strawberries, and cherries salad

Chocolate whey protein with 1 cup banana, grape, and kiwi salad

Vanilla whey protein with 1 cup cantaloup, grapes, and strawberries.

HOT TIP: USE SUGAR FREE WHIPPING CREAM ON TOP OF THE FRUIT!

All of these will be about 150 calories, wonderful for a mid afternoon snack. And they are all balanced protein and carb.

No comments: